How 8th Graders Feel About Their Last Year

Mikayla Hamilton, Staff Writer

There are a lot of 8th graders at this school and I also happen to be an 8th grader and by the end of the year, all of the 8th graders will graduate.  The whole entire 8th grade will graduate in the gym at the end of the year. The 8th graders that I interviewed were happy to leave this middle school so they can go to a really good high school.

The first student I interviewed was none other than the 8th-grade student Tayvion Alexander-Santos. Tayvion is happy to leave this middle school and wants to go to the Business of Sports School (B.O.S.S.)  and he wants to be in the NBA. But he is going to miss some of the teachers in this school.

“I am going to miss some of the teachers and teachers’ assistants: Ms. Hines, Mr. Brown, Mr. Soggard,” he said. 

Tayvion is also going to miss the school cafeteria. He is going to miss this after he graduates and goes to high school. He is going to miss these things when he is gone.

Tayvion said that he had high chances because he meets all of the requirements to get into B.O.S.S. “I think I can get into B.O.S.S because I meet all of the requirements and a teacher from last year said she would help me get into B.O.S.S.”

8th-grade student Joselyn Valencia is happy to leave middle school. Joselyn wants to go to Beacon High School. She thinks that she can make it into that school because she works really hard and she believes in herself and she thinks she meets all of the requirements to get into Beacon High School.

“I think I can get into Beacon High School because I believe in myself,” she said. 

She is happy that she is going to graduate.

“I will miss some of the teachers and some of the teachers’ assistants, but I won’t miss some of the students,” she said.